Sunday, March 29, 2009

Why to Garden

Yes, I'm sure that hiring a professional to do up a design with input from me to put this here and put that there, but there's a certain satisfaction when you get up in the morning, take a look out the window at your less-than-perfectly-maintained yard and see something like this.
The View from My Bedroom

After I've had breakfast and coffee, I can go out back and see different flowers almost every day. The other day it was white freesia. Now it's yellow freesia.
Yellow Freesia

The other day it was the usual orange California Poppies.
Poppy Pollen

Now we add a "Moonglow" California Poppy to the mix.
Moonglow Poppy

And I get to see two colors of Calendula almost every day.
Orange Calendula    Yellow Calendula

The Nasturtiums keep coming up with different color combinations for me.
Multi-Color Nasturtium
I think it's all worth a little effort in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment