Thursday, March 19, 2009

How I Spent My Spring Break, Part 2

In case you hadn't guessed, I didn't have a whole lot of access to the Interweb over my long weekend -- and that's fine! -- but it means that I had more time to spend taking photos. And *that* means that I had all that many more photos to go through before I could do another post. Sorry. I hope it was worth the wait.  :-)

In the last post, I showed you one of the Free-Range Turtles I found in the desert. Yes, ONE of the turtles. There were others. Viz:

Yet More Turtles! Free-Range Turtle
And there were other denizens in the desert!

The Padre & His Dog The Padre's Dog

Saber Tooth Cat Indian Warrior

Piggies

So, along with beautiful blue skies, fields of spring wildflowers, and fresh air, I had whimsy looking at me in the most unusual places. Besides the beasties above, there are also dinosaurs, mammoths, African elephants, wild horses, and even fantasy creatures from the imagination of the artist.

Now that I've got a bunch of photos uploaded, I'll be able to write some more posts on how I spent my spring break over the next few days.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Very cool! Especially the fetching doggie, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doggie is especially sweet, and most of the creatures are quite well done. The artist is doing a great job of capturing the anima using scrap iron and a blowtorch!

    ReplyDelete