Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What to do with Garden Thinnings

Almost three weeks ago I posted that I needed to thin the bok choi. Today I finally got around to it.
Bok Choi Thinnings

In the same post I mentioned that I wasn't sure how I'd use the thinnings, but I think I did a good job of putting them to use.

I cooked a couple of slices of fresh ginger and a clove of crushed garlic in some oil. I added some sliced shitake mushrooms, followed by a few shrimp. I threw in the bok choi and covered the pan to steam a while.
Bok Choi Cooking

Finally, I added a mix of arrowroot in soy sauce and chicken broth to make a loo, then tossed in some noodles.
Bok Choi Dinner

It was utterly yummy, if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! Now you've done it--I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Besides being quite tasty, the extra-added bonus feature is that it's fairly low in calories, fairly high in veggies, fairly low in fat, and fairly high in otherwise healthful goodies.

    ReplyDelete