Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall Lettuce

In my last post I mentioned that I really needed to thin the heirloom heading-type lettuce. The two reasons for this are that more seeds sprouted with the transplants from the 6-packs and I, like an addle-pated dolt, actually planted even more seeds in the planter at the same time. *sigh*

Well, I thinned the lettuce.
Lettuce Thinned
I thinned the green planter on the left. It's hard to tell unless you flip back and forth between the two photos (this and the one from the last post), but this should give you an idea of how much lettuce I removed.
Lettuce Thinnings
There's plenty there for a good-sized salad, tossed with a few cherry tomatoes from the garden and a few goodies from the store. But I used a bunch of it (and some of my cherry tomatoes) in tacos that night.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment