Sunday, February 1, 2009

Late Morning Hike at Shoreline

I usually hike in the *early* morning hours (you know, about the time the sun's coming up).  But today I didn't feel like getting up, throwing on clothes, grabbing the Triple-Cardiac-Bypass-Special Breakfast at Mickey D's, and sprinting off to the park.  Instead, I rolled over and didn't wake up till almost 8, fixed a healthy breakfast of Old Fashioned Oatmeal with flax seed and raisins, dealt with e-mail, etc.  THEN I went by Mom's to see if she wanted to join me for a nice walk.

The day was gorgeous! Bright, sunny, no wind, not too cool, not to hot -- Goldilocks weather, just right!


But the plants are confused. This (I think) Rose Mallow was all abloom as were the Blue Elderberry trees around the lake.


On the other hand, the ground squirrels are happy that the people are out picnicking and leaving crusts of bread around for them.


And the hummingbirds were willing to pose.

More photos (and better versions of these) will be available on Flickr in a bit...

2 comments:

  1. Squirrels are just CUTE, they just are! Damn their eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye! Damn their eyes!

    Mind you, that photo is not cropped. He let me get that close, being all cute and everything.

    ReplyDelete