Monday, May 18, 2009

A Lupine Follow-Up

Well, I dug out the packing list for the California wildflowers I ordered last fall, just to make sure for myself that I'm not insane. OK, that I'm not insane on this point. Despite the rampant blooming of yellow lupines, the only two lupines on the packing list are "Arroyo Lupine" (Lupinus succulentus) and "Sky Lupine" (L. nanus). No "Yellow Lupine" (L. densiflorus aureus).

By the way, this weekend just past brought us a mini heat wave with highs in the mid- to upper-nineties (F) here in San Jose. It apparently tickled the collective fancies of the Yellow Lupines!

Yellow Lupine Explosion

The number of yellow spires doubled over the weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad there is so much beauty in your life! Love the bird and "doggie mine" post.

    Sorry, I can't seem to find the link to your other blog.

    ReplyDelete