Friday, July 3, 2009

Hummingbird Ablutions

A while back I did a post wherein I regaled you with the sights and sounds of the early morning. Near the end of that post I mentioned that I frequently get to see hummingbirds (yes, multiple) bathing at the hanging birdbath, but that I never see them at any other time of the day, hence no photos.

Well, yesterday the hummingbirds made a liar out of me!
Hummingbird Water Fight!
They decided to visit the birdie spa around 9:30 AM and have a water fight. These two were mostly unsettled about sharing the bath, but had an uneasy truce.
Hummingbird Day at the Spa
And they were very thorough about making sure they got a good soaking.
Hummingbird Sitz Bath
These two little guys hung out for about 15 minutes, jockeying for position, flinging water about, and having plenty of good, clean fun. Near the end of their time they were joined by a House Finch. They decided that it was time to leave when every bird in the neighborhood decided that it was time to have Spa Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment