Thursday, April 15, 2010

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day, 15 April 2010

Yes, it's also Tax Day, but at least Bloom Day gives me the chance to look at the happy, natural things around me that come free (or close to it). And there's SO much to see today that I couldn't NOT take a mess of photos to bore you. :-)
Natives Bed
Here's what's blooming today:
  • Nasturtiums
    Nasturtium
  • Coral Bells
    Coral Bells
  • Geraniums
  • Calendula
  • Impatiens
  • Columbine (non-native varieties)
    Columbine
  • Roses
  • White Solanum Vine
  • Purple Potato Plant
    Purple Potato Plant
  • Salvia Spathacea
    Salvia spathacea
  • Some Purple-Flowering Shrub (If you know what it is, I'd like to know, too!)
    unknown
  • Sulfur Buckwheat
    Sulfur Buckwheat
  • Ceanothus
    Ceanothus
  • Sticky Monkeyflower
    Sticky Monkeyflower
  • Blue Elderberry Tree
    Blue Elderberry Blossoms
  • Poppies!
    California Poppies Pink & Cream California Poppy Ruffled Poppy Cream California Poppy
  • ... and weeds...
    Bermuda Oxalis
I'm particularly excited that my ~5-year-old Prunus ilicifolia (Holly-Leafed Cherry) has actual buds! This is the first year for that, so I'm stoked.
Prunus ilicifolia Buds

No comments:

Post a Comment