Friday, February 5, 2010

Is It Spring Yet?

Imagine my surprise when I looked out my bedroom window this morning and noticed these *blooming* under/behind the dead tomato vines from the summer.
Daffodil Blooms
Personally, I think they got all jealous when they looked over on the deck and noticed these.
paperwhites_2-5-10
After all, out in the front yard, the daffodils have barely started budding up.
Daffodil Leaves
If you look carefully, you can just make out the largest bud on the right.

I was also a trifle surprised when I went out to take daffodil photos and saw this.
Strawberry
Not ripe yet, but looks like I've got a nice strawberry coming on!

And, out in the front yard, when I was taking photos of non-blooming daffodils, I discovered all of these on the vines.
Peas

So, while was out there, I decided to get pictures of Baby Cabbage...
Baby Cabbage
Mama Cabbage...
Mama Cabbage
and Papa Cabbage...
Papa Cabbage

I also have WAY too many bok choy to harvest. Some of them are even starting to make flower buds. And the lettuce is going berzerk in all this rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment