Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Eating Fresh from the Garden

This morning I went out to water the beets that I'm growing for the greens because I was thinking about harvesting some greens later in the day. While I was there, I noticed that the cherry tomato is finally ripening a number of tomatoes. Yay! While I was picking tomatoes, I noticed that a yellow summer squash had hidden itself over the edge of the planter under some tomato leaves. Thus, we have today's harvest.
Today's Harvest 9-9-09
This is a dozen cherry tomatoes, a good serving of greens (once they are stemmed and steamed), and a good serving of squash. Throw in a main dish and maybe a small potato and you've got a wonderfully healthy meal for one.

However, I've been falling behind!
Previous Harvest
Yes, this is the basket of three cucumbers, three zucchini, and two small summer squash that was already sitting on the counter awaiting my attention. Good lord! Well, I have a recipe for curried cucumber, so I think that's going to be my main dish (after I add some red lentils).

In case you've lost track, that means that, other than some red lentils, plain yogurt, and some seasonings, dinner will be from my own garden. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment