Friday, December 19, 2008

The Twenty-First Century Looms Large

Off and on for the last few months, people have been telling me that I need to get with the whole Web 2.0 thing.  They tell me that I need to be on Twitter, I need to be on Faceboook, I need to be on ...  Well, I've started taking those steps, but doing it all at once is making me feel like I'm having a Linda Blair moment now and again.

Well, I'm slowly getting there.  I've even figured out how to have my tweets go straight to FB so I don't have to do double duty, thus saving a few minutes and making sure that I hit both venues.

I've also gone so far as to get on Flickr.  Mind you, this isn't so much for the Web 2.0 aspect (but it can be used that way), but as a place where I can store mountains of photos and not have them disappear into the aether should I neglect to back them up.  *sigh*

My ATT DSL account came with a free Flickr Pro account, but as soon as I signed up today I learned that this free service is going away.  If I want to stay "Pro," I need to come up with ~$25/year.  But it occurs to me that $25/year is an awfully dang'd cheap way to back up ALL your photos worth saving.  And, if you're not interested in sharing with everyone, you can lock it down to just friends or family or both or nobody but yourself.  And you can do it photo-by-photo.

So, now I'm busy picking out the keepers to put up on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment